Most Notable Rumors June 14 2014
What’s up folks! This is a collection of rumors I’ve found interesting. Not every rumor, just the ones that caught my attention.
- According to a report from SEScoops, CM Punk and AJ Lee were officially married yesterday. Yes, that would be Friday the 13th. Considering there are no photos and no source other than SEScoops has gone on record with the news, it’s worth taking with a grain of salt. For those asking why we didn’t post about it here at Cageside, that’s why. We’re still considering it a rumor, hence its inclusion in this post.
- Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose to earn his way into the Money in the Bank ladder match for the WWE world heavyweight title at the upcoming pay-per-view (PPV) on June 29, 2014 in Boston. Remember those rumors of a winner already being decided? Apparently Wyatt is the guy.
- The reason Wyatt is apparently the guy is because WWE feels he’s credible enough to become champion and is the right guy to lose it to Daniel Bryan once Bryan returns. As of right now, that is still the plan and WWE is moving ahead with the idea that Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE title will main event SummerSlam. This way, Wyatt regains credibility after losing in his feud with John Cena and Bryan gets his win back after putting Wyatt over so big atRoyal Rumble on his way to his program with Cena heading into WrestleMania. This is subject to change, of course, and it is just a rumor. It’s an intriguing one, though.
- Currently scheduled for Money in the Bank but not announced yet: Erick Rowan & Luke Harper vs. The Usos and Rusev vs. Big E. There was a rumor that Rusev would work Mark Henry but it looks like they’re finally going through with the Big E booking they were teasing previously.
- Mick Foley says he will sign a Legends contract if the WWE releases an action figure featuring Mick Foley dressed as Santa or if he can be put on the Exotic Express with Adam Rose. He is apparently at least semi-serious.
- What the dirt screens are saying are the reasons behind some of the releases:Tatsu was thought to have regressed and creative had nothing for Brodus Clay. Camacho’s release was surprising as he was very popular within NXT circles, and Curt Hawkins’ release was also not expected, as he had time left on his current deal. As for Teddy Long, his contract expired and it was well known within WWE that he would be leaving soon.
- It also seems that the performance of the WWE Network had a lot to do with the cuts, and that more cuts of office staff may be on the way.
- Word coming out of the Hart Family recently is they think WWE should split their roster down the middle, much like the days of having a RAW roster and a Smackdown roster. This is an idea that has floated around the WWE for some time now, believing that it may spark the attendance and viewership in the Smackdown brand; although, I personally believe they’ve seen the benefits of having the full roster at their disposal at any given moment. When you’re able to take top-tier talent and put them on your smaller shows like Main Event, you’ve got a good thing going. The difference between what has been done before and what the Hart Family is proposing is that instead of merely splitting the roster as they did during the Raw vs. Smackdown days, this time they would send the other half of the roster out of the United States source
WWE is set to have a Hall of Famer join the ranks.
According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, “Flair passed his required medical testing last week in Pittsburgh, paving the way for Flair to return full-time to a regular role with the company.” These tests were the hurdle he needed to hop over before coming back to TV. source
So yeah, I’ve got a bunch of theories myself, but we’ll save that for tomorrow. Have a great day peoples!